Skin Cancer Action Week 2017
Skin Cancer Action Week 12th - 19th November 2017: Together with our Partners Danger Sun Overhead and Melanoma Awareness Foundation we have collaborated to help save Australian lives with our campaign #tellmeUV.
Skin Cancer Facts
- More than 2,000 Australians will die from skin cancer each year; more than the road toll
- 2 in 3 Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer by 70 years of age
- 99% of skin cancers and 95% of melanoma are caused by UV exposure, but UV is often confused with temperature and weather conditions
#tellmeUV aims to challenge Australia's TV and Radio Broadcasters to report UV and sun protection information with their weather reports.
No Australian Broadcaster consistently, and nationally, reports UV information.
Relaying positive UV and sun protection information is a crucial public health message. The potential to change the attitude and behaviour of everyday Australians could save thousands of lives.
How you can help
- Sign our petition on change.org
- Like our social media posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Share these posts and encouraging others to join in